Friday, August 17, 2012

In the Mail: Beyond The Wall Exploring George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire


Woot woot it's finally here!

The other day I entered a contest that Ned Vizzini (author of Be More Chill, and It's Kind of a Funny Story) was hosting on his blog. He wanted us to put a little banner on our sites promoting his new book The Other Normals, and whoever did that would qualify to win a free signed copy of Beyond the Wall. I was fortunate enough to win one of the books! He shipped it out last week and it finally arrived in my mailbox all the way over here in Malaysia from the US. That was wicked fast. In fact with Eid happening tomorrow I was surprised at the timing because I was expecting it to arrive next month. Epic Duit Raya haha.

Beyond the Wall is an anthology of essays relating to G.R.R.M's A Song of Ice and Fire series. The authors contributing to the book include the Fantasy heavyweights R.A. Salvatore, Daniel Abraham and James Lowder, and the extremely talented Ned Vizzini who specializes in Young Adult Fiction. Did I mention that he has a new book coming out?

Here's the front cover with that cute lil' Direwolf.

Autograph by Nick Vizzini. "Climb that Wall!" 

Yes that's my real name. I have a real facebook account and tried to use Nouda but Facebook wouldn't let me so I tried a fake name instead for my secondary account.

Stylishly simple back cover. 

I'm not sure if this is reviewable material. I haven't done more than skim the contents but it seems like a collection of literary criticism essays of G.R.R.M.'s work by other authors aka book reviews by other great authors. I'll post little snippets later after each essay I read. I can't wait to start! For more info you can check out the Goodreads entry by clicking here.

To the Muslim readers of this blog, have a great Eid Mubarak tomorrow!


0 comments: