Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet Blood of Mine


Sweet Blood of Mine
Author: John Corwin
Genre: Fantasy | Young Adult
Release Date: April 27th, 2012
GoodReads | Smashwords


5 fucking solid stars. If I could go any higher on the scale, I would have given it a 6. Hell, I'll go and do that. 6 stars. It's that good. I recommend to it lovers of Young Adult fiction and paranormal romance lovers. To the supporters of the underdog and nerdy hero who just can't cut a break in life, this is for you. This is truly awesomeness in word-form. I can't believe the author is self-published. It's amazing how good Sweet Blood of Mine is. It's funny, witty and downright touches your heart (my heart nearly stopped at one point where a major change in relationship status occurred). The romance is realistic. It builds up over time. It's not spontaneous like most YA novels. There isn't any "I want to be with you and I have no real idea why, but the author wants me to do it to further the plot".

So put down that shallow, and predictable mainstream love triangle crap you've been reading about angsty bitches who have it all and just can't see it. The one about the heroine who pines after that dark and mysterious new guy for no real reason other than good looks alone and a mysterious "attraction" she can't explain. Pick up this book instead. You have to read it to find out for yourself, and I assure you, you won't regret it.


Scores:
Cover: 8
Characters: 10
Story: 10

Comment:  If you're interested in reading a free sample (35% of the ebook), just head over to the following link. It's open internationally and you can download pretty much any format for your ereader. If you end up loving the book, you can also purchase it for $2.99 on the same site.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/155065



0 comments: