Thursday, April 26, 2012

F in Exams: The Very Best Totally Wrong Test Answers

F in Exams: The Very Best Totally Wrong Test Answers
Author: Richard Benson
Genre: Humor
Release Date: 2008
GoodReads

I had pretty mixed feelings about this book. For a comedy book it wasn't very funny. In fact, only 10% of the "funny" answers got a laugh of out me. Most of the answers were just plain stupid,  especially the farming bit (under Geography). Stupidity isn't humorous. In fact, I'd wager a guess that the author came up with a significant portion of the answers since they had all the same "OMG I'm trying too hard to be funnies!" feeling to them.

The bits that were funny were more in line with tongue in cheek or sarcastic humor (from students who clearly realize they don't know their answers and are trying to make light of it.) The polar bears and seals had me laughing for awhile. The banana car, was just pure win and had me rolling around on my bed laughing every single time I looked at that page.

Overall, it's a decent comedy read. Maybe it's because I'm too "Asian" that I tend to take studies seriously and put it on a higher pedestal than most people (who seem to loathe school and just want to get by, while I on the other hand try my best to excel). Maybe I took things too literally but then again, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian was extremely hilarious and had me laughing at all the jokes/racist humor. Either that or the jokes here just aren't funny.

Scores:
Overall: 4.5/10

0 comments: